Being arrested for DUI in Memphis is a serious offense.
And you need to seriously consider how to mount your defense.
There are several steps involved in a DUI arrest:
- The Stop
- The Arrest
- Field Sobriety Tests
- Breath and Blood Tests
Police officers make mistakes. Testing procedures are prone to malfunction. A seasoned DUI lawyer knows how to analyze a case and when and where to raise challenges and defenses to reduce the DUI to a lesser charge or even dismissed.
Your goal is simple – how do you pick the best DUI lawyer for you.
- Here are a few questions you should ask in order to make an informed choice of who will represent you.
- How many cases have you handled like mine and how many years have you been handling DUI defense?
- Is DUI defense your primary area of specialty?
- What other kinds of cases do you handle?
- How many DUI trials have you had? What were the verdicts of those trials?
- Will you be my lawyer or will others be working on my case also?
- What kind of contact will I have with you and how will you communicate with me about the status of my case?
- How much will it cost and what kind of result should I expect?
- Are you familiar with or how well do you know the police officer who arrested me?
- What do you see as the strengths and weaknesses of my case?
We invite you to listen to several of our podcast interviews with some of the best, most experienced DUI lawyers in Memphis.